During the 51st EMBS Rhodes (Greece) 25-30 September 2016, the MARS and MBA contests for the best posters have been combined.
The winning contributions of the MBA – MARS Poster contest were:
– 1st prize: Paul Kotterba, Thünen lnstitute of Baltic Research, Rostock, Germany: Predator impacts on inshare Baltic herring (Clupea harengus) larvae: Lions, tigers and bears – but where?
– 2nd prize: Nikoletta Digka, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research, Anavissos, Greece: Microplastic ingestion in marine biota: A case study in the northern lonian Sea.
– 2nd prize: Daniela de Abreu, Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Maputo, Mozambique: Tropical seascapes as feeding grounds for juvenile penaeid shrimps in southern Mozambique revealed by stable isotopes approach.
– 3rd prize: Merli Pärnoja, Estonian Marine lnstitute, Tallinn, Estonia: Relating ambient environment to the growth rate of Mytilus trossulus in the northern Baltic Sea.
– 3rd prize: Laura Bray, Marine lnstitute, Plymouth University, UK: Can offshore structures operate as artificial reefs in the Mediterranean?
– 3rd prize: Giorgos Apostolopoulos, University of Athens, Section of Zoology, Marine Biology, Athens, Greece: Effects of winter phytoplankton bloom on the meiobenthic community of Maliakos Gulf.