Regular members are laboratories, institutes or university departments primarily devoted to fundamental marine science and possessing coastal research facilities.
The MARS Network is a foundation with specific statutes and bylaws.
Only directors, or their delegates, from regular members do have voting rights at general and director meetings.
Membership subscription-fees are :
- 350 euros for labs with less than 25 total personnel1
- 700 euros for labs with between 25-50 total personnel1
- 1,250 euros for labs with more than 50 total personnel1
The benefits and activities that you may expect of the MARS Network membership are:
- Support for the marine stations as an important part of Europe’s scientific patrimonium
- Creating awareness of the role of the marine stations
- Improved personal and institutional relationships between member institutes
- Contacts with the managers of European research, including:
- UNESCO in Paris
- the Commission and Parliament of the European Communities in Brussels
- Symposia and workshops organized by the MARS executive and member institutes
- Involvement in research proposals (MARS already generated about 20 M€ in project money that went mainly to its members)
- Participation in networking in the 7th EC framework Programme and Horizon 2020
- Participation in global programmes
- Help for institutes with currency restrictions, e.g. in Eastern Europe
- Grants for young scientists from MARS members to visit another MARS member
If you are interested in joining MARS, please contact the MARS secretariat.
1 personnel: FTE permanent personnel including PhD’s