Regular members are laboratories, institutes or university departments primarily devoted to fundamental marine science and possessing coastal research facilities.
Only directors, or their delegates, from regular members do have voting rights at general and director meetings.
Membership subscription-fees are :
- 350 euros for labs with less than 25 total personnel1
- 700 euros for labs with between 25-50 total personnel1
- 1,250 euros for labs with more than 50 total personnel1
The benefits and activities that you may expect of the MARS Network membership are:
- Support for the marine stations as an important part of Europe’s scientific patrimonium
- Creating awareness of the role of the marine stations
- Improved personal and institutional relationships between member institutes
- Contacts with the managers of European research, including:
- UNESCO in Paris
- the Commission and Parliament of the European Communities in Brussels
- Symposia and workshops organized by the MARS executive and member institutes
- Involvement in research proposals (MARS already generated about 20 M€ in project money that went mainly to its members)
- Participation in networking in the 7th EC framework Programme and Horizon 2020
- Participation in global programmes
- Help for institutes with currency restrictions, e.g. in Eastern Europe
- Grants for young scientists from MARS members to visit another MARS member
If you are interested in joining MARS, please contact the MARS secretariat.
1 personnel: FTE permanent personnel including PhD’s